Led by certified volunteers, CAT Walks are moderate hikes on specific routes determined by MYCAT researchers and the authorities as poaching hotspots or poacher access routes into core protected forests. You must be at least 18 years old and physically fit, as each CAT Walk comprises two days of 6 hour hikes each day.
But it is not just work, work, work! CAT Walkers also the amazing opportunity to interact with like-minded nature-loving people, and enjoy:
Fees cover dormitory
accommodation for 2 nights,
entry permits, insurance,
guide fees and field costs.
We offer 25% discount of the fee to
full-time students and repeat
For upcoming CAT Walks,
follow MYCAT on
Contact us for customised CAT Walks if you have a group of friends or colleagues. CAT Walks also make great team-building experiences for the corporate sector.
Terms and Conditions:
- You must cover the cost of your own travel to and from the Sungai Yu (Yu River) Ecological Corridor (car-pooling is recommended and may be arranged for you), food and other personal expenses.
- A CAT Walk takes place with a minimum of 5 participants, and a maximum of 10 participants per trip based on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the CAT Walk date and the participation fee will be partially refunded.
Virtual CAT Walk
RM260 / USD65
Taman Negara border
Want to help save tigers or rainforests but walking in a jungle is not your cup of tea? No worries! We are expanding the area of protection by running the Virtual CAT Walks.
The Virtual CAT Walk is Malaysia’s unique biodiversity offset programme whereby anyone in the world can offset their environmentally negative lifestyles by supporting Taman Negara’s local communities to “patrol” critical tiger habitats on their behalf.
The Virtual CAT Walks save wildlife and rainforests, reduce carbon footprints, build local stewardship, and give alternative income to the local communities. The locals are selected individuals trained to adhere to the CAT Walk Standard Operating Procedures and are monitored by MYCAT.
The fee will cover the training and monitoring cost and 1-day patrol by one person. You can support as many days of patrol as you wish!
REALM OF THE TIGER
20-24 March 2020
USD$1600 per person
Exclusive 5D4N expedition for zoo keepers, educators and citizen conservationists. Be immersed in the jungles and streams of one of the world’s oldest rainforests that is shared by elusive yet endangered wildlife like tigers, leopards, elephants and tapir.
Read about a participant’s rare opportunity experiencing what is usually a privilege to professional field conservationists, HERE.
Each expedition is restricted to 8 participants, so apply early as slots fill up fast.
- Complete the application questionnaire at https://goo.gl/TZnGy6
- We will respond to applicants within a week of submission, where we will provide you with the registration form and payment details. A deposit of USD$500 is required to secure your spot. Kindly note that only those deemed fit to participate can proceed with the registration.
- The balance is to be paid in full before 1 January 2020 (GMT+8).
- Note: Partial refund is applicable for cancellation by participants before 1 January 2020 (GMT+8).
- Download the flyer for more information HERE